· the information we collect when you apply for a position with us and how we use it
· the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
· how we protect your information
· how to correct information that personally identifies you
We also include specific disclosures for residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third party service that displays our job posting. Comcast does not control the privacy practices of these third party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
This statement does not form part of any contract of employment, nor does it cover the processing of other data that may occur in the context of employment, if we make and you accept an offer to join our team. We encourage you to read this Candidate Privacy Statement carefully and understand its contents. If you have any questions, please direct them to Comcast_HRPrivacy@comcast.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The data we collect during the recruitment process and how we use that data may vary, depending on the jurisdiction where the position is based, and provision of all data may not be mandatory. To the extent any collection or use conflicts with a legal requirement or prohibition, then the Company will follow the applicable law. We refer to this type of information as “Candidate Information.” Candidate Information may be collected in multiple ways: you may provide it to us in connection with your application; we may make observations in the application process or collect information from public information sources; or you may authorize us to collect information from other sources, such as a former employer or reference. We also may collect information through cookies when you visit our website. Information we collect, and the uses for that information, may include:
- Identifiers, including:
- Contact information, such as your name, physical address, telephone numbers, and email addresses. We use this information to open and track your candidate file and communicate with you.
- Identification information, such as your date of birth, country of birth or the country where you are a registered national or citizen, nationality/visa status, passport number, social security number, driver’s license number and signature. We use this information to determine your eligibility to work, to verify your identity and fulfill our obligations to relevant government authorities.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as your disability, gender, race, military status and sexual orientation (to the extent such information is collected or provided, for example, through voluntary self-identification). We use this information (at the time and manner and to the extent permitted or required by law) to address our legal obligations to you, to make any adjustments required to assist you in the interview process, and to conduct meaningful equal opportunity and diversity monitoring and analyses, such as affirmative action programs, where permitted or required by law.
· Professional or other employment-related information, including:
o Job qualifications and related information, such as the position applied for, previous job roles, descriptions of your skills and experience, education, awards, qualifications, certificates, licenses, and any other information you choose to provide in your resumes and/or applications. We use this information to determine your qualification and selection for jobs, and potential conflicts of interest.
o Professional or other membership information, such as your membership in professional bodies and trade groups. We use this information to determine your qualification and selection for jobs.
o Travel related information, such as frequent flyer numbers, TSA known traveler numbers, itineraries, flight, train, rental car, car service, hotel or other similar information. If you are traveling during the candidate process, we use this information to facilitate your business travel, including to arrange or reimburse travel, to contact you during travel, as necessary with travel service providers, or in an emergency situation.
o Financial information, such as your bank account details. We use financial information to process any expense claims and to comply with legal obligations.
o Results of background checks and screening, such as education verification, criminal records and driver license checks. We use this information to determine your suitability for employment (at the time and manner, and to the extent permitted or required by law), including for certain job roles (for example, home security) and to determine your eligibility for certain potential benefits (such as use of a company vehicle). We may also collect background data from public third party sites and may not seek your specific consent where not required by law.
o References, such as opinions and comments of any previous employers. In connection with our evaluation of your application, we may request specific permission to seek information about you from third parties. This may include information regarding your work habits, performance in prior roles, and fitness for employment. We use reference information we receive to determine your suitability for certain job roles and to fulfill our obligations to regulators (including demonstrating the suitability of employees for their role to regulators and professional bodies).
o Salary and compensation information. We use salary and compensation information you provide to us and/or we obtain through the candidate process (at the time and manner and to the extent permitted or required by law) to determine compensation offers and to benchmark our practices.
o Surveys, such as feedback and opinions as part of voluntary surveys. We use such information to understand what Comcast is doing well and what it can improve upon within the candidate journey. Your response to these surveys is optional and will have no bearing on the selection process for any vacancy at Comcast. When you provide a response to a non-mandatory question, you are consenting to the collection and storage of that information by Comcast and to our use of that information to evaluate your application.
· Internet or other electronic network activity information, and audio, electronic, visual or similar information, including:
o Website Interactions. When you interact with our website, certain information about your use of this Site is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes:
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site
- Details regarding the device you use to access our website or digital services, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our services or choosing to log in through a social media account), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts
o Other audio, electronic, visual or similar information that you provide to us, such as communications, documents or images that you create, provide or upload to our systems.
· Inferences and Analytical Reports drawn from other personal information, such as analyses from applicant information used for improving our hiring processes.
ADDITIONAL USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the uses set forth above, the Company may use and share the categories of personal information identified:
· To comply with applicable legal and regulatory requests and obligations (including investigations).
· To establish or defend legal claims and allegations.
· For security or the prevention, detection, or investigation of fraud, suspected or actual illegal activity, violations of company policy or rules, or other misconduct.
· To seek advice from lawyers, auditors and other professional advisers.
· For purposes incidental to those set forth above.
WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION
We limit the information we share and disclose to others as described below.
The Comcast Family of Businesses
We may share information about you with other Comcast companies (including NBCUniversal-branded companies and other non-Comcast or non-Xfinity-branded affiliates).
In order to provide and support the evaluation process, we may use third party companies as service providers that work on our behalf to transmit, collect, process, or store information for us. We require these service providers to treat the information we share with them as confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing the services for which they have been engaged. The categories of Service Providers with whom we work include:
• Vendors that assist with the application process, including assessing candidate qualifications and providing the platform through which candidates submit their candidacy
• Auditing and accounting firms
• Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our programming, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance
• Analytics services, including entities that analyze traffic to and on our website, and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers
• Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention
We may share candidate information with academic institutions where doing so would further an important research purpose. For example, some institutions are interested in exploring the relationship between certain academic degrees and backgrounds with the type of positions that such candidates seek at Comcast. When we share information with academic researchers, Comcast requires the researchers to agree to keep the personal information confidential. The researchers may publish academic papers which include aggregated data about Comcast’s candidates for employment, but may not publish any personal information that identifies a specific individual.
When Required by Law or To Protect Comcast and Others
There are times when we may be required by law to disclose information about you to third parties. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may also disclose information that personally identifies you as permitted by law and without your consent when it is necessary to protect our customers, employees, or property; in emergency situations; or to enforce our rights under our terms of service and policies.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have implemented reasonable security safeguards that include administrative, technical, and physical controls designed to protect information that can individually identify you. However, we cannot guarantee that our information security program will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose information that we maintain.
HOW TO CORRECT THE INFORMATION IN OUR RECORDS
You are encouraged to ensure that the Candidate Information you provide to Comcast is kept up to date and to amend any information which is inaccurate or out of date (e.g. address). If you would like to correct any information that you have provided please notify your Comcast recruitment contact. Comcast will endeavor to resolve any issues concerning your Candidate Information in accordance with relevant procedures.
We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; and (2) as necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting our business where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy. Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities, as described above.
Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
• to request from us access to personal information held about you
• to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, if you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or if you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing
• to request that we restrict our processing if we are: processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics
To submit a request to exercise your rights, please contact us at Comcast_HRPrivacy@comcast.com. We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to respond to your request, or respond to it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
· Send Us a Message: Comcast_HRPrivacy@comcast.com
· Write to Us: You may write to us as follows:
One Comcast Center, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838