Senior Director, In-Store Retail Marketing
- Requisition #: 195491
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Team: Marketing and Communications
- Pub Date: 3/8/19
Based at the Comcast headquarters in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Senior Director, In-Store Marketing is responsible for oversight and management of marketing strategy and program execution for Xfinity Retail In-Store Marketing. The position will collaborate across the Retail Marketing team, Retail Sales team and Business Units to maximize impact of in-store marketing to drive consumer engagement, sales and to bring the brand to life in this critical sales channel.
Comcast is seeking an experienced professional with strong strategic-thinking ability, strong mastery of creative and message architecture development, and a proven track record of developing high-impact retail in-store experiences. This role will partner with key business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders across the enterprise to help transform and build world-class in-store retail experiences. He/she must be able to collaborate and influence cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders.
- Reporting to the VP of Retail Marketing, this position will provide strategic thought leadership and oversight for all in-store marketing communications and activations inclusive of events and workshops.
- Develop in-store communication strategies that are incorporated into annual and seasonal business plans to achieve sales and consumer engagement.
- Lead oversight for in-store marketing Plan of Record development, ensuring efforts align to business priorities while reflecting operational realities and best practices for in effect in-store consumer communications.
- Develop strategies and plans to drive operational and cost efficiencies as stores scale.
- Optimize message architecture and communications plan, printed and digital, reflective of shopper insights to drive message effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop strategy for addressing key consumer segments through in-store communications.
- Partner with VP of Retail Experience to ensure in-store communications reflect store design and desired consumer experience.
- Provide oversight and strategic thinking against in-store events, workshops and Grand Opening marketing.
- Provide oversight to in-store merchandising GTM execution process.
- Lead agency relationships, budget management and team execution and development.
- Manage and measure the work by establishing KPIs and measurement plan to track progress.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent,MBA preferred
- Generally requires 12+ years related experience in a retail environment
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and broad marketing competencies
- Ability to think strategically while driving tactical execution
- Advanced influencing skills and ability to persuade to get things done across a large, complex matrixed organization
- Candidate must possess strong attention to detail, flawless end-to-end program management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong collaborator who leverages relationships to achieve results
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Travel required
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities