Software Engineer 1
- Requisition #: 192764
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Other Locations: Englewood, CO
- Team: Technology
- Pub Date: 2/11/19
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. We reimagine industries, invent new technologies and are the creators of movies, TV shows, theme park rides and experiences that thrill and entertain millions of people every day. As we shape the future of media and technology, our129,000 employees strive to earn the respect and trust of our customers, our shareholders and members of the communities we serve.
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Completes programming and implements, tests, and debugs defined software components. As an Engineer 1 in Systems Engineering, the candidate will work closely with technical teams to understand business requirements and deliver cutting edge solutions to meet the client's needs. Will be expected to work within a fun, innovative and collaborative team using a DevOps/Agile methodologies.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what' s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Reviews, writes, and edits code. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies related to area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge of their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weenends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent amount of experience in Software Development and Technical Problem Solving
- 0-2 years of experience with Software development using GoLang, Python, Java, etc.
- 0-2 years of experience with Cloud Technologies and Fundamentals
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.