Associate Counsel, Comcast Business
- Requisition #: 191321
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Team: Professional
- Pub Date: 12/10/18
The Associate Counsel, Business Services will be responsible for providing guidance, direction, and assistance to Comcast Business, in particular with respect to its sales to small and medium sized customers. Position responsibilities include negotiation of various agreements and transactions with business clients and vendors, and advising on issues including procurement and government contracts.
General Duties within Comcast Law Department:
- Provides legal counsel and support to one or more business units and/or the corporate headquarters. Counsels on a broad range of legal issues related to assigned area(s).
- Provides leadership in one or more legal specialties and disseminates information on trends and innovations within the specialty.
- Engages and directs outside counsel to undertake specific and complex work requiring the application of highly specialized legal knowledge.
- May oversee the completion of projects including planning; assigning, and monitoring; reviewing progress and accuracy of work; evaluating results, etc.
- Leads and provides guidance to legal staff including Paralegals, Contract Specialists and administrative staff, as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-4 years' experience in a law firm or in-house, especially small-to-midsized corporate law departments preferred.
- Law Degree from Top Tier Law School.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, problem solving and communications skills.
- Experience in telecommunications, media, technology, software, or any innovative business-to-business sales industry.
- Understanding of risk assessment and analysis within the context of a growing, innovative technology industry.
- Ability to work effectively with senior management and operations personnel, simultaneously manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
- Ability to work build, mentor, and lead an effective and business-oriented team of attorneys and non-attorneys.