VP, Field Operations
- Requisition #: 190778
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Trevose, PA
- Team: Leadership, Other
- Pub Date: 12/4/18
The Freedom Region is looking for an experienced executive to provide overall vision and direction to the Technical Operations department. This individual will be responsible for day to day field fulfillment operations within the Region, including in-house and contractor field technicians as well as dispatch operations. Also responsible for metric reporting and forecasting, leading the organization through performance and process improvement, and setting overall budget and strategic direction. This position requires close coordination and strong working relationships with other regional functional departments as well as division and headquarters' functional leaders.
- Provide leadership to Freedom Field Operations and Fulfillment staff to ensure all customer installation and repair activity is performed in compliance with Company policies, business processes and quality standards.
- Responsible for insuring optimal assignment and routing of field technicians for customer activity to route the right technician to the home so that they can arrive in a timely manner. Requires both effective management of daily activities and development of process improvements to address any identified deficiencies.
- In concert with the Region Finance Team, responsible for annual budgeting and monthly forecast updates for operating expenses and capital expenditures.-
- Must build strong working relationship with regional peers, particularly those in Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Services and Finance, to insure alignment on daily operations and strategic initiatives to achieve common business goals.
- Develop and maintain standards, procedures, and operational processes for the department that meet or exceed industry standards. Stay knowledgeable of competition and important emerging technologies and standards.
- Establish a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, always challenging the team to find new ways to improve the customer experience and drive improved business performance.
- Develop the departmental management team, building their capabilities as individuals and as a team, and preparing future leaders for additional responsibilities.
- Develop a strong working relationship with Divisional and Corporate functional leaders, insuring alignment with Company's standards and objectives, and also providing input and feedback on field operational challenges and support needs.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PERSONAL TRAITS / ATTRIBUTES
- Proven leader of large field organization, able to set direction and culture, work collaboratively, and communicate down to the front line.
- Comfortable leading through change and establishing a culture of continuous improvement
- Proven ability to deliver consistent results in high volume, daily transactions
- Strong cross-functional collaborator
- Comfortable with financial budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Comfortable with data analytics and analysis as they are used to understand and improve operational results.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience