Manager, Market Research
New York, NY
- Requisition #: 163659
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: New York, NY
- Team: Technology
- Pub Date: 8/15/17
The Market Research Manager is responsible for gathering and analyzing information about a market, product, or service to be offered in a market to the past, present, and potential customers for the product or service. Researches market conditions specific to area of focus to determine potential sales of product and provides research on behalf of customer. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- The Market Research Manager role researches market conditions specific to campaign planning for TV Ad insertions and media data to determine potential sales of product and provides research on behalf of customer.
- Gathers data on competitors; analyzes and compares such competitive factors.
- Gathers data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits
- Prepares and submits statistical reports, graphic illustrations of findings, and action plan recommendations to marketing research management.
- Collects, examines, and analyzes statistical data using computer modeling techniques to forecast future marketing trends.
- Maintains updates on marketing research and new developments through contacts with educational institutions, professional organizations, publications, and vendors.
- Understands and practices various statistical concepts, research data, standards, and practices.
- Works directly with cross-functional teams and department leadership to create research presentations and summaries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in research matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience