Strategic Account Director
New York, NY
- Requisition #: 163459
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: New York, NY
- Team: Sales
- Pub Date: 8/8/17
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
FreeWheel is hiring aStrategic Account Directorbased out of NY who will report to the VP, Publisher Business Development & Account Management. In this position, you will be responsible for the growth and success of the Markets relationship including new product upselling and providing guidance on how to make the most revenue from the overarching FreeWheel partnership. He/she will also be expected to liaise with product, marketing and the ad management platform team to ensure all marketplace and customer intelligence is captured to make our products and our business better as a whole. The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated, like to build and shape orgs, have a passion and penchant for technology, an understanding of the video and programmatic landscape, excellent communication skills and be able to explain complex topics clearly and concisely, as well as significant experience selling to or managing senior executive clients.
- Programmatic (and RTB) experience- with market dynamics knowledge
- Experience selling to the large Video Publishers and/or TV Broadcasters is highly desirable
- Ability to plan and think strategically
- Mature and well-informed view of the dynamics of cross platform digital advertising and the rise of programmatic buying
- Account Management experience (this can include sales people who manage a large existing book of business)
Most important, the candidate will be a deal maker and expert business developer with the ability to grow commercial relationships with the key players. Finally, the candidate needs to understand the dynamics of the buy-side as well as the sell-side, most notably trading desks and DSPs.
- Structure, lead and close agreements/contracts with the large premium video publishers, quality video ad networks, and TV Broadcasters working at C-level to solution-sell FreeWheel's Marketplace Platform and drive deals through to closure and launch
- Intimately understand and be able to speak to the specific needs of each customer segment: TV Broadcasters/Programmers/MVPDs, Digital Media/Portals
- Maintain a high customer satisfaction level once customers have signed
- Lead RFI/RFP development, coordinating demos and presentation of the solution to prospects
- Ensure best-in-class customer service, working closely with account management to meet or exceed customers revenue goals and deliver revenue targets
- Ability to work with the buy-side to ensure that inventory is monetized at superior levels
- Minimum of 3/5 years of publisher development/sales/account management experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in either selling or working with ad tech vendors.
- Proven ability and track record in developing and closing deals
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management.
- Understanding of online video industry and business models (ad-supported in particular)
- Ability to sell a SaaS model in the adtech environment
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a growth stage company environment
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- BA/BS required
- Generally requires 9+ years related experience