Big Data Engineer
New York, NY
- Requisition #: 162523
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: New York, NY
- Team: Technology
- Pub Date: 8/4/17
FreeWheel is hiring a New York based Senior Big Data Engineer reporting to the Senior Director, Engineering.FreeWheel helps the television industry generate revenue from their premium content through a robust technology platform, which enables consumers to watch entertainment on any devices from PC, mobile, set-top box to traditional TV. FreeWheel's New York Engineering Team is part of a global engineering group that is building advanced and high quality applications, servers and tools to manage million dollar orders, handle billions of daily requests, and process terabytes of raw daily data.
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Partner with global engineering, product and operations teams to further incorporate collective innovations
- Work with different teams to design tech solution
-Follow updates in different FreeWheel backend components and contribute to the long-term roadmap for FreeWheel's data strategy
- Drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Improve performance, availability and scalability of our backend systems
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study
- Good with SQL and database general concepts
- Familiar with Linux commands and environments
- Proficient with 1"2 programming languages among Golang/C++/Scala/Python/Ruby/Java. Fast to pick up new languages.
- Hands-on experiences with data processing or analysis systems is strongly preferred.
- Experiences with Hadoop/Spark/Kafka/Presto/etc are strongly preferred.
- Experiences with AWS or other Cloud technology are strongly preferred.
- Known for being a smart, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm
- Detail oriented, flexible and can work well in a global team-oriented environment
Life is short. Work someplace great. We're adding to our dynamic team of energetic and creative thinkers who enjoy coming to work every day because they get to do something great!
FreeWheel offers a dynamic, flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. The challenges we solve are serious, but we're not. We have fun every day because we love what we do. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it. Want to join the team that's already thinking about what TV is going to look like five years from now? Apply here!
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes, please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries. FreeWheel is an equal opportunity employer